THE EUROPEAN UNIVERSITY INITIATIVE
RISIS-ETER Policymaker session on data and indicator needs for the European University Initiative
13 June 2022, 2 to 5 pm (Webinar)
The European University Initiative promoted by the European Commission has ignited collaborations and alliances across all European countries. The goal of the webinar is to discuss the evolution of the Initiative based on new evidence. The webinar is promoted by ETER, the European Tertiary Education Register, a systematic and updated collection of official microdata on all higher education institutions in Europe supported by the Commission. ETER data will be used to characterize the Alliances created under the Initiative and to discuss the potential for the long term evolution of the European Higher Education Area.
Registration will open soon!
14.00 – 14.15 Opening speech: The European University Initiative within the framework of the European Education Area
Vanessa Debiais-Sainton, Head of Higher Education Unit, European Commission, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture
14.15 – 15.15 Session 1: empirical evidence on the European University Initiative
Presentation: The European University Initiative from the perspective of data and indicators. Evidence from ETER
Andrea Bonaccorsi, University of Pisa
- Michael Murphy, President, European University Association (EUA)
- Ben Jongbloed, Center for Higher Education Policy Studies (CHEPS)
- Sebastian Stride, SIRIS Academic
15.30 – 16.30 Session 2: Mapping the European University Initiative.
Presentation: Factors leading to the formation of alliances. Evidence from ETER
Marco Cavallaro and Agata Lambrechts, Università della Svizzera italiana (USI)
- Karen Maex, Chair, League of European Research Universities (LERU)
- Gabi Lombardo, Director, European Alliance for Social Sciences and Humanities (EASSH)
- Ludovic Thilly, Coordinator, European Campus of City-Universities (EC2U) and FOREU2 and Chair, Coimbra Group
- Emily Palmer, Secretary-General, Una Europa and Representative, FOREU1
16.30 – 17.00 Concluding statements and the way forward
- Vanessa Debiais-Sainton, Head of Higher Education Unit, European Commission, Directorate-General for Education, Youth, Sport and Culture
- Andrea Bonaccorsi, University of Pisa
- Benedetto Lepori, ETER coordinator, Università della Svizzera italiana (USI)